Meta4mance has developed a program which is specifically designed to help teenagers. We emphasise safe and sustainable personal development by incorporating individual life coaching sessions and mental training into the health and fitness program.
At Meta4mance we believe that through the combination of coaching principles learnt in High Performance Sport and Life coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming , scientific methods and business concepts, we can assist anyone to optimise their life quality in a holistic way.
The aim of the Meta4mance Youth Life optimization program is to assist in building self-confidence, motivation, discipline and a balanced lifestyle. The program will also assist young people:
- who are undergoing problematic life changes
- in managing ADHD symptoms in a 100% natural way
- in building social skills in a group environment
- in balancing out a digital addiction
- who are not involved in sport but would like to be more active, have a positive social environment or be involved in a sport-like program without the extreme competitive environment and pressures.
Key Aspects of Body and Mind development program:
- Personal Group fitness sessions three times a week
The fitness coaching will be conducted by Emile De Bruin in a small group environment based at our private facility in Lynnwood. A maximum of 10 clients will be accommodated in each session which balances the development of team spirit with an individualised approach.
- One individual NLP-Life coaching session per month.
The one hour one-to-one coaching session will replace one of the fitness sessions once a month.
- The program will launch in February 2016.
The was developed by:
- Emile De Bruin who has been coaching high performance swimming for the last 10 years. He has had swimmers at World Championships, Commonwealth Games, World Cup, World Youth Championships and World Masters Championships as well as numerous other international events. He is a qualified swimming coach with a degree in Sport Science that has represented the National Team as a swimmer and as a coach. He is currently involved in the coaching of several prominent international level swimmers including Cameron van der Burgh.
- Jessica De Bruin is a qualified NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Practitioner and Life Coach with a Master’s Degree in International Human Recourses management from Germany and expert in “The Mental Side” of personal development and transformation.
We would like to share with you an extract from an interview with Cameron at our Meta4mance training camp in December 2015:
What is your training philosophy and how does it differ from your general philosophy in life?
“It doesn’t differ at all. I think training philosophy would just be to really understand what needs to be done. To do the right sessions, at the right time, with the right intensity. It’s similar in life. If something needs to be done, you do it with the right person at the right time at the right price and the right intensity. So everything must make sense. “
What lessons learned out of your sporting career do you think will help you in future life?
“I think, hard work for sure; time management, dedication, inner strength like an inner deep value and understanding why you are doing something, why you are committing so much time to do something. You don’t just go with the wind. You know what you want to do and where you want to go.”