Are you a swimming coach looking to equip yourself with more knowledge and skills? Are you passionate about swimming, coaching and performance? Do you strive to offer your swimmers the best possible coaching? Do you dream of taking swimmers to their full potential?
Well at Meta4mance we are passionate about coaching and coaches. If this appeals to you please read on!
Meta4mance Coaching has developed a unique course that will provide coaches with specific knowledge, tools and skills to maximise their coaching ability.
• Exercise and sport science,
• Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) and mental coaching
• Mentorship training
• Exclusive Meta4mance Coaching models, charts and tools
The objective is to give coaches of any level the edge, not only in terms of the swimming specific information they acquire but also in the interpersonal ability to convey the information in the most effective way. It is a comprehensive and holistic course that will enable you as a coach to operate at a higher level.
Meta4mance wanted to create a course that is available to anyone regardless of your location so the Course can be conducted online via Skype.
We are currently conducting this program with several clubs and coaches in South Africa, Europe and the Middle East with great success
At Meta4mance we believe that through the combination of coaching principles learnt in high performance sport and NLP coaching, scientific methods and business concepts, we can assist anyone or team to optimise their performance in an holistic way.
Emile De Bruin has been coaching high performance swimming for the last 10 years. He has recently coached Cameron Van Der Burg to a gold medal at the World Short Course Championships and Emily Gray to 5th place at the 2016 Rio Paralympics. He has also had swimmers at World Championships, Commonwealth Games, World Cup, World Youth Championships and World Masters Championships as well as numerous other international events. He is a qualified swimming coach with a degree in Sport Science that has represented the National Team as a swimmer and as a coach. He also works as strength and conditioning specialist who has worked with athletes from various sporting codes.
Jessica De Bruin is a qualified NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Practitioner and life coach with a Master’s Degree in International Human Recourses management and expert in “The Mental Side” of performance enhancement. She has worked with international athletes, business executives and debaters competing at World Championships. She has also assisted people struggling with depression, anxiety, performance anxiety, ADHD, and more.
Together they have developed programs to optimise the performance of any individual. Performance is something individual and personal to each person but through effective coaching programs we can improve various components within your life to help you achieve your goals.
Format of the Coach-Up program
The course is separated into two sections
• One workshop from Section A (Swimming/ Exercise Coaching) and one from Section B (Mental and Interpersonal Skills Coaching) per month.
• Each workshop is 2-3hours long.
• You will receive the content from each workshop, including the presentation, Tools and notes
What are the vehicles of our coaching concept?
SECTION A: Swimming/ Exercise Coaching
1. Module 1: Overview of Speed Development and Holistic Swimming
• Swimming and Relative Values Chart Overview
• Speed Development Presentation
2. Module 2: Metabolic Conditioning
• Detailed and specific education regarding energy systems presentation
• Sets and examples
• Measurement criteria (Heart Rate, Lactate, VO2Max,)
3. Module 3: Neuromuscular Conditioning and Endocrine system influence
• Detailed and specific education regarding muscle and nervous system
• Endocrine system and its influence
• Sets and Examples
• Measurement Criteria
4. Module 4: Systematic Programming.
Understanding Capacity and utilization (metabolic) and accumulation and intensification (neuromuscular) and coaching systems
• Relating Back to Module 1 and 2 and using a systemized approach to coaching
• Other swimming coaching systems (USRPT, Salo, Bowman, Lange)
5. Module 5: Speed Sheets and specific target orientated coaching systems
• Using speed sheets (Excel)
• Test sets
6. Module 6: Physics in swimming
• Technique and stroke philosophies
• Trends in elite swimming
7. Module 7: Strength, Power and Dry land
• Making swimmers better athletes
• Importance of Dry land/gym
• Injury prevention
8. Module 8: Recovery and managing limiting factors
• Super compensation
• Other Factors (Swim down, eat, massage, sleep)
9. Module 9: Nutrition
• More detailed nutrition
• Fuel for performance, weight loss and weight gain (body composition)
10. Module 10: Taper and Competition Management
• Strategies and requirements
11. Module 11: Understanding your Athlete
• Types of athletes
• Building the relationship
• The athlete as a package (swimmer, parent, coach, team mates, outside influence)
12. Module 12: Critical analysis and Long term planning
• SWOT analysis
• Long term athlete development: Yes or No?
• Operate as a business (vision, mission, goals, objectives)
SECTION B: Mental and Interpersonal Skills Coaching
Workshop series based on NLP (Neuro-linguistic-programming) principles including role play, practical exercises and handout material for each module.
1. MODULE 1:
Basics about NLP coaching
Self-management starts with your self-concept
What is your inner dialogue
1mm rule for change
Body and mind is systemic
We cannot not communicate!
How to build up a one-on-one session
2. MODULE 2:
What can NLP-Life coaching do for you?
What mental coaches need to know
Communication magic & Milton language
3. MODULE 3:
RAS- Reticular Activation System
Convincer Patterns & Meta language
How to handle objections & rejections and “Pace and Lead”
4. MODULE 4:
Helping others to accept themselves for who they are
NLP-Parts Party process exercise
When things get difficult in a one-on-one session/ conversation
5. MODULE 5:
Where does motivation come from?
What are your drivers? – Your WHY
We see the world through our own glasses:
How does that make us unique and different?
Our Values/ core belief system are our strongest motivators
How to find a starting point when circumstances are overwhelming?
NLP techniques: logical levels
Practical exercises on evaluating values
6. MODULE 6:
How to manage your time
o Which techniques can help to keep on track
How to manage your energy
Living a balanced and healthy life – What does that mean?
How to deal with performance anxiety?
NLP technique: Swish
7. MODULE 7:
What are towards and avoidance goals?
How to set smart goals?
Don’t be a chaser – be and achiever
How to deal with setbacks and disappointment
What meaning do I attach to it?
There is no failure only feedback!
7 deadly enemies of your goals
How to manage unresourceful feelings like fear or anger?
NLP technique anchoring
8. MODULE 8:
Understanding the human mind better
o Meta programs
How to find out: What do I want to do with my life?
o NLP creativity technique: Disney model
Recap on Powerful questions
9. MODULE 9:
Understanding how to disrupt negative emotional states & self-talk
o Break states
o Sub modalities
The power of visualisation
o How to keep on track with your goals?
o Creating a vision board
10. MODULE 10:
Response to criticism
How to acquire a new skill that you always wanted to take ownership of? For example I would like to be more confident, funny, organised, a better athlete
NLP visualisation technique – New behaviour generator
11. MODULE 11:
Reframing (the power of perspective)
Recap on RAS – Reticular activating system
Change your focus towards all the resources you have
NLP technique Resources triangle
12. MODULE 12:
What is the difference between changing and improving
Empowering questions (creating a safety net for the future)
Which empowering and disempowering beliefs do you have about yourself?
The Coach-Up program will change the way you operate as a coach and equip you with new strategies and skills that will be invaluable for you in your life and your business.
We customise the program based on the client’s needs, number of participants, logistics and specific requirements so the cost will be determined accordingly.
Please contact us so that we can start this journey with you.
©Meta4mance Coaching 2017